HALL'S STORE VISITOR AND EDUCATION CENTER
Historical significance of Hall's Store: While the original tract of land dates back to the colonial era, the Town of Ocean View was founded by W.S. Hall who opened a general store in 1820. Soon after, a village sprung up around the store and, thus, the area became known as Hall's Store. The Town of Ocean View was incorporated on April 13, 1889 with the first Town Council meeting held on April 20, 1889 consisting of nine elected council members. A grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the beautiful, replica general store and visitor center, Hall's Store, was held in November 2021.